Current students may request three (3) official transcripts free of charge. A $2.00 fee will be charged for additional copies.
Graduated students will be charged a $2.00 fee for all document requests.
Acceptable forms of payment are: Cash, check, or money order
If a student would like a locker they can request one in the front office. There is no charge for students to use a locker, however students need to provide a lock.
Required Notification Regarding Algebra II as a High School Graduation Requirement
A student is not required by state law (Texas Education Code, Section 28.025) to successfully complete Algebra II as a requirement for high school graduation. However, there are potential consequences to a student who does not successfully complete an Algebra II course.
A student is eligible for automatic admission to a Texas public college or university as an undergraduate student if the student earned a grade point average in the top 10 percent of the student’s high school graduating class or in the percentage of qualified applicants that are anticipated to be offered admission to The University of Texas at Austin*, and the applicant—
• successfully completed the requirements for the distinguished level of achievement under the foundation high school program at a public high school; or
• satisfied ACT’s College Readiness Benchmarks on the ACT assessment or earned on the SAT assessment a score of at least 1,500 out of 2,400 or the equivalent.
A student may not earn the distinguished level of achievement or be eligible for automatic admission to a Texas public college or university as an undergraduate student if the student does not successfully complete high school Algebra II.
There are several state financial aid programs available for certain Texas public high school students. Certain state financial aid programs include curriculum requirements that should be considered when planning a student’s high school career to ensure eligibility for financial aid under one of these programs. Please note that this is not a complete list of requirements and additional eligibility requirements apply. A full list of requirements is available through the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board’s (THECB) financial aid webpage at http://www.collegeforalltexans.com/apps/financialaid/tofa.cfm?Kind=GS
For initial eligibility for a TEXAS grant, a student enrolling in an eligible institution must be a graduate of a public or accredited private high school in this state who completed the Foundation High School Program or its equivalent and have accomplished any two or more of the following:
• Successful completion of the course requirements of the International Baccalaureate diploma program or earning of the equivalent of at least 12 semester credit hours of college credit in high school through courses described in Texas Education Code (TEC), Sections 28.009(a)(1), (2), and (3)
• Satisfaction of the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) college readiness benchmarks prescribed by the THECB under TEC, Section 51.334 on any assessment instrument designated by the THECB or qualification for an exemption as described by TEC, Section 51.338(b), (c), or (d)
• Graduation in the top one-third of the person’s high school graduating class or graduation from high school with a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a four-point scale or the equivalent
• Completion for high school credit of at least one advanced mathematics course following the successful completion of an Algebra II course or at least one advanced career and technical or technology applications course.
2021-2022 PHS ASSESSMENT DATES
ACT Oct. 5, Mar. 8
PSAT Oct. 13
SAT Oct. 13, Mar. 2
TSIA2 weekly, at least 3 opportunities monthly
ASVAB Nov. 2 or 3-AWAITING FINAL CONFIRMATION
STAAR EOC Dec. 7 English I Paper & Online
(Retests Only) Dec. 9 English II Paper & Online
By Dec. 10 Make-ups
Dec. 8 Algebra I & U.S. History Paper & Online
Dec. 10 Biology Paper & Online
By Dec. 17 Make-ups
Semester Exams TBA
TELPAS Feb. 23 Reading-Online
(session 1-9th & 10th, session 2-11th & 12th?)
Feb. 24 Listening & Speaking-Online
(session 1-11th & 12th, session 2-9th & 10th?)
By Mar. 1 Make-up
STAAR EOC Feb. 14-18 2022
STAAR Alt. 2 Mar. 28-Apr. 29
STAAR EOC Apr. 5 English I Paper & Online
Apr. 7 English II Paper & Online
By Apr. 8 Make-up Sessions-Paper & Online
May 3 Algebra I-Paper & Online
May 4 U.S. History-Paper & Online
May 5 Biology-Paper & Online
By May 6 Make-up Sessions-Paper
By May 13 Make-up Sessions-Online
Final Exams Seniors-TBA
Freshman, Sophomores, & Juniors-TBA
STAAR EOC June 21 English I-Paper & Online
(Retests Only) June 23 English II-Paper & Online
By June 24 Make-up Sessions
June 21–July 1 Alg. I, Biology, & U.S. History-Online
By July 1 Make-up Sessions
You may purchase a yearbook for your child for $35 through Dec. 14. After that date, the price will rise to $40. Also available for purchase are personalization and icons.
•One line of personalization: $5
•Two lines of personalization: $8
•Three lines of personalization: $12
•All icons are $3 apiece.
•Quarter page ads: $100
•Half page ads: $150
•Full page ads: $200
Order forms may be picked up from Jessica Jesmore in Room 108 at Pittsburg High School. Completed order forms and payment may be returned to Jessica Jesmore in Room 108 at Pittsburg High School or mailed to Pittsburg High School, 300 N. Texas St., Pittsburg, Texas 75686.
Please make all checks payable to Pittsburg High School.