Be safe and Be Seen
• Wear bright/light colored clothing and reflective materials.
• Carry a flashlight when walking at night.
• Cross the street in a well-lit area at night.
• Stand clear of buses, hedges, parked cars and other obstacles before crossing so drivers can see you.
• Walk on the sidewalk. If there is no sidewalk, walk towards oncoming traffic.
• Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street.
• Be alert to vehicle reverse lights and parked cars.
Be Careful at Crossings
• If possible, cross streets at marked crosswalks or intersections.
• Obey traffic signals, for example WALK/DON’T WALK signs.
• Look left, right and left again before crossing the street.
• Watch for turning vehicles. Make sure the driver sees you and will stop for you.
• Don’t wear headphones or talk on a cell phone while crossing the street.
• Visually clear all lanes you are crossing before you step onto the street.
MOTORIST PLEASE BE EXTRA CAUTIOUS ON ROADWAYS ADJACENT TO OUR COMMUNITY SCHOOLS. WE LOVE OUR STUDENTS!